About the Denis Goldberg Legacy Foundation
The objectives of the Denis Goldberg Legacy Trust are:
- To create an iconic and vibrant performing arts, cultural and educational centre in the heart of Hout Bay that represents today the best of who we want to be in the future. This will be known as the Denis Goldberg House of Hope
- To continue to support and encourage other activities and training opportunities for the youth of Hout Bay
- To manage and exhibit the Denis Goldberg art collection
- To care for and ensure that the “Decolonised History | The 3rd World in World War 2” continues to travel around the country so that all South Africans are made aware of the enormous contribution which Third World soldiers played in the Second World War
- To spread the message of tolerance, debate, justice and multiculturalism.
- To raise funds for these objectives.
Legal, Governance and Financial Framework
The Denis Goldberg Legacy Foundation (DGLF) Trust is registered as a non-profit trust in South Africa (registration number IT001927/2016(C)) and is accountable to a board of trustees. Our trustees are Denis Goldberg, André le Roux, Deidre Abrahams, Jo Noero and David Goldberg. See our trustees page for more information.
We are also registered as a non-profit organisation with the Department of Social Development (registration number 204-762) and as a public benefit organisation (PBO # 930061049) with Section 18A status with the South African Revenue Service (SARS). The latter entitles a taxpayer (individual, company, close corporation or trust) to deduct donations made to the DGLF Trust when submitting their tax returns.
Our auditors are: BGC Chartered accountants.